You are not alone.
- about 50% of all marriages end in divorce
- about 60% of intact marriages are unhappy
Only about 20% of married couples are happy. Not the best odds! But what have they figured out that others haven’t?
5 things predict a good marriage:
- Couple Closeness
- Personality Compatibility
- Conflict Skills
In addition, couples who agree on spiritual
beliefs report significantly higher marital satisfaction and couple closeness than those who do not agree.
How does your marriage rate?
Do you think it can’t change?
The five categories listed above aren’t rocket science; they’re teachable, learnable tools that you can put into practice right now to improve your married relationship.
A little time with a big payoff!
Whether your marriage is happy, boring, or struggling, these are things you can learn right now, together.
HEAL YOUR PAST
EMBRACE YOUR PRESENT
DESIGN YOUR FUTURE
Tightening the Knot:
Strengthening your marriage in an unraveling world
Tightening the Knot
Strengthening your marriage
in an unraveling world
October 23 - Nov 13, 2019
Wed Oct 23 7:00pm - 10:00pm
Wed Oct 30 7:00pm - 10:00pm
Wed Nov 6 7:00pm - 10:00pm
Wed Nov 13 7:00pm - 10:00pm
Taber Canadian Reformed Church
3902 Heritage Drive
$150/couple – includes materials,
refreshments, light snacks, and GST.
Session 1: A beautiful design
- leaving your family behind
- cleaving to your spouse
- sins that affect marriage and children
- when is divorce (not) an option?
Session 2: How we communicate
- learning strategies
- the language within communication
- 7 deadly habits that tear down
- 7 caring habits that build up
Session 3: Needs, wants and goals
- needs – physical, psychological, spiritual
- wants – and how they create conflict
- the heart – and creating (dis)respect
- finding and setting mutual goals
Session 4: Conflict and resolution
- communication types
- the slippery slope of conflict
- procedures to reconciliation
- apologies and forgiveness